Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Obsession

Hi all, just been doing a little knittin' around the house lately. I find it's a good excuse to watch tv and ignore housework. It's more fun anyway! I'm making good progress on my two current projects, the Back To School U Neck Vest from Fitted Knits, and my Monkey Socks. I'm knitting the Monkey socks during the day, and the vest at night while I watch Colbert Report, CNN, Wife Swap or Clean House. I've joined the Ravelry group Vestuary, and I'm pretty sure I'll be done with the vest by the end of Feb, at which time I will post pictures. I've found a few new patterns that have recently caught my obsession, one of them being this one:
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternScarvesToThrowMonth5.asp
I love it. I don't know why exactly. I love it so much that I made just a very small little order to the Loopy Ewe to get some Dream In Color Classy in the Dusky Aurora colorway so that I can knit it. Okay, so I ordered two balls of it, because I felt sure that after I knitted this wonderful scarf I would want to knit myself a hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/meret-mystery-beret## or some fingerless gloves http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/evangeline## to go with it. I like to match, what can I say? I've been pretty good otherwise, though I almost gave in when I saw that Lion Wool was on sale at Michaels this week. But I stayed away! I'm being kind of frugal! Maybe Suze Orman is finally getting to me.

No comments: